[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Wagner family from Annette, Volhynia

Paul Rakow rakow at ifh.de
Fri May 1 12:31:06 PDT 2009

   Jeff,

       How much history of your Wagner family in Annette do you already know?

       This year I've been tracing the ancestors of my great-great-grandmother's
  second husband, (though I'm descended from her first husband). Among his
  ancestors were Carl WAGNER and Justina GLAUBITZ, early settlers in Annette.
  I think they arrived in Annette shortly before 1818; before that (in 1814)
  they were in a village called Kor"of, near Annopol, Kreis Ostrog, in western
  Volhynia. (I've found a possibility for Annopol, I'm not sure about the
  identity of Kor"of).  Earlier than that, I've found one statement in the
  church book that Carl Wagner was born in Galicia, (so I was interested
  in what Howard wrote).

       This is the first time I've looked at people who were in Volhynia
  so early.

       Are these your Wagners? I also have some notes on other early Wagners
  in the area, who may or may not be connected to this family.

              Paul Rakow
              rakow at ifh.de