[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Wagner

fenenga at connpoint.net fenenga at connpoint.net
Sat May 2 12:30:15 PDT 2009

	the discussion of Wagners has me cautiously hopeful.

	has anyone run across a Charles/Carl/Carroll Jacob or Joseph Wagner,
b. abt 1855 of Russian Poland, to Anton and Thekla? it is all I have
on my great grandfather prior to his marriage in Boston,
Massachusetts, USA in 1884 and I just cannot seem to find anything on
him in the old country. much of the family papers were burned by my
great grandmother's second husband, so if there had been documents
such as seaman's papers (he was a mariner) or visas or such, they are
long gone. he also left little in the way of a paper trail elsewhere.
I don't have the funds to research in depth, so I haven't been able
to access everything that might pertain to him, but I do have his
city directory listings, some of his work records and his medical
records. the rest, including naturalization, imigration, death and
burial have eluded me for nearly 20 years. are there no relatives out
there?

	many thanks for any ideas, information or directions as to where I
might find him.

	regards,

	Cornelia

	Oregon, USA