[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Anyone on the list had any DNA testing done

Earl.Schultz Earl.Schultz at telusplanet.net
Sun May 3 12:44:56 PDT 2009

Yes, I agree, Rhonda.  My Leichnitz line which goes back the farthest first
shows up in the Thorn records about 1675 and some other Leichnitz
individuals show up in Poland around 1640.  It is difficult finding records
prior to those dates but the Thorn records go back to about 1608.  I do
suspect that many of my names are rare German names because they are recent
German names with their arrival in the 1600s like after the Gustav II and
likely brought in to help clear the swamps and build windmills.

Earl