[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Stebner / Schmuland

Doncarolea at aol.com Doncarolea at aol.com
Tue May 5 02:35:06 PDT 2009

I am trying to identify the birthplaces of my grandfather, Heinrich
Stebner, I believe born July 25, 1860 and my grandmother, Julianna Schmuland,
born 1865. Her parents were Gottfried Schmuland and Justine Pischle.  All I
know with certainty is that they were were married in Heimtal,  Volhynia on
June 25, 1882. I have had some responses to a previous email with  regard to
other Schmulands but none with regard to Stebners even though there  were a
lot of them in Volhynia.

These grandparents emigrated to the US in 1913 with my mother and the rest
of the family. The birthplaces on the passenger list are not legible.   One
looks like Walkr or Walko Duqort and the other like Andrec or Audrec Cow
both placed in "Russia".  I now believe that they born somewhere  outside of
Volhynia and emigrated there before 1882.  I would really like  to determine
where these German Lutheran families originally came from.

Don Anderson