[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] request: history lesson

Ken Browne kbrowne at alumni.umass.edu
Wed May 6 04:02:11 PDT 2009

I hope this doesn't end up as a double posting. I accidentally sent the
original from an email address NOT the one I am registered with on this
list.

Perhaps I should know more about this but here's what I'd like to know.

   * In pre_WWII times (dates please?) Hitler's regime confiscated
     passports (of whom and why?).
   *  What was the arrangement for "repatriation" and to whom did it
     apply and when did occur?

Based on to letters that I have I can deduce some partial answers, but I
would like to be more certain about timelines. More accurate knowledge
of the history of these years may help me unravel a mystery in my family
tree.

Thanks,

Kenneth Browne researching:
BROWN(E) LEIGHTON TAYLOR CLOUGH/CLUFF