[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Introduction; My ancestors at the area of Tomaszow-Mazowiecki

Richard Stein ra_stein at telus.net
Thu May 7 08:47:13 PDT 2009

I know from perusing the Rozyszcze parish records (western part of Volhynia)
in the late 1800's than many of the German settlers came from Petrikau and
Tomaszow parishes.  Many of your surnames are found in Rozyszcze parish.
For example, some Wuschke families from Syskie settled in Helenow, near
Torczyn.  I know you are interested in the people who remained near Tomaszow
but sometimes it is possible to find information through relatives who moved
away.  In the case of Volhynia Germans, the EWZ documents contain
information about birthplaces and ancestors.

Dick Stein
Calgary, Canada