[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Introduction; My ancestors at the area of Tomaszow-Mazowiecki

Helen Gillespie hgillespie at rogers.com
Sat May 9 06:32:17 PDT 2009

May I also suggest you search the Immigration Database at Library and Archives Canada    http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/immigration-1925/001012-100.01-e.php

This is a database of entries from 1925-1935  and Pranke comes up with 12 entries - all in 1928.

I checked www.canada411.ca   the telephone directory system - search for Pranke in Wapella or anywhere in Canada and located entries in Moosomin Saskatchewan - several of which are farms - so you could likely pick one of those.  One is an Adolph Pranke - a likely contact since it is an "old" name and possibly one of the arrivals.  Then check the Moosomin town and public library
 Wapella, Saskatchewan http://www.townofwapella.com/   has just over 400 people - Moosomin is a town of 2500  www.moosomin.com/  which may prove better information than the small town of Wapella.  Wapella is about 15 miles/20 km from Moosomin.  Your chances of finding people are good!

Good luck

Helen