[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Plock Lutheran Church birth record for father

Bill Behrendt wbehr at bellsouth.net
Mon May 11 12:13:13 PDT 2009

My father, Edward Waldemar (Behrendt) was born on September 14, 1898 in Maszewo, Poland. I would like to get a copy of his birth record from the Plock Evangelical church but do not know his father's name or his mother's last name at that time. This is because some years after his birth, his mother divorced the father and no one talked about the divorce. The name Behrendt is the step-father's name that the family has used. Shortly before my father passed away he told my brother about the divorce but did not reveal what was his father's last name.

>From what I can see the records from 1898 have not been microfilmed. How can I go about finding someone to research the Plock Evangelical Lutheran church books to locate and copy the birth record?

Here are the details I know:

Edward Waldemar ??? born September 14, 1898 in Maszewo, Poland

Mother's Maiden Name: Justina Frei

Father's name: unknown

I would appreciate any help in how I could get the birth record.

Bill Behrendt