[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Fandry from Bialystok

Gary Warner gary at warnerengineering.com
Tue May 12 08:02:53 PDT 2009

Astrid,

There are three places in Poland that have the word Bialystok in their
name.   One is a large city in Podlaskie province, one is a small
village called Konopki-Bialystok, also in Podlaskie province, and one is
a small village in  Lubelskie province.   I am going to assume for the
moment that you are talking about the large city.  There may also be
records for the smaller villages, but your first look for records should
probably be in the easiest place to find records.

According to the Pradziad database at the Polish archives, there are
Lutheran birth records for Bialystok (the large city) from 1847 to 1872,
and from 1875 to 1907.  There are also marriage records from 1841 to
1890, and 1892 to 1907.  Death records exist from 1870 to 1907.
According to that website, the records are kept at

*Archiwum Pan'stwowe w Bia?ymstoku
15-426 Bia?ystok, Rynek Kos'ciuszki 4
tel: (85) 743-56-03
fax: 743-56-55
email: sekretariat_ap at bialystok.ap.gov.pl
www.bialystok.ap.gov.pl

*Since an email address is noted in the above address, I would send an
email, in English, and ask what they need from you to conduct a search
of the records.   You should consider asking for a search of all of the
years that they have  if they have the birth, marriage or death records
for any Fandry, Fandrey or Fandrei family in whatever time frames you
seek, or perhaps all of the time frames for which there are records.

Gary Warner
SGGEE*
*