[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Question: Buying EWZ films

E. Adam ejadam at yahoo.com
Wed May 13 15:20:53 PDT 2009

Hello all and thanks for the information. I live within 25 miles of College Park and made my first visit to the Archives and the EWZ collection today.

I am focusing my research on a specific area of Russia which my Volhynian family left in 1942, trying to create a history of all who lived there. So it's a lot of films to go through.

They don't have any scanning capability but will allow photographs of the microfilm reader screen, for what that's worth. I asked about buying and they do now also offer the films on DVD in PDF format for $125 US (microfilm copies are $85 US). Even printing is 50 cents per print, so it's going to add up quickly. But oh so worth it!

Edie Adam