[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] storing genealogical information

Ken Browne kbrowne at alumni.umass.edu
Wed May 13 15:52:37 PDT 2009

F&RM Haddad wrote:
> I'm the one who had the near-miss with a corrupted database file that my
> program (yes, Legacy) had the ability to restore. And thank-you everyone for
> your suggestions and good wishes. This has made me wonder how everyone
> stores their genealogical info. Just on a dedicated genealogy program? Also

In regards to sharing information, I know that Family Tree Maker has (or
had) a free download of a viewer so that you could send a copy of your
entire file, or selected portions, to family members who would be able
to view but not edit the data. I don't know about Legacy, or other
programs but I wouldn't be surprised if they do. For that matter, isn't
there a free version of Legacy?

Kenneth Browne researching:
BROWN(E) LEIGHTON TAYLOR CLOUGH/CLUFF
LACHMANN RUSSELL MORSE PETTENGILL
NOBLE SMALL WOLF MROCH LUEDTKE

Don't confuse  fame with success. Madonna is one; Helen Keller is the other.
 Erma Bombeck