[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Village Karolinowka in Volhynia

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Thu May 14 10:36:01 PDT 2009

Frank,

It might help to know the village name just before the Karolinowka entry as this might provide an indication of which direction the pastor was traveling as he collected the information.

I see two possibilities for this.  Others might have other suggestions.

1.  As the pastor made his rounds, he stopped at one of the several Karolinowka and then returned to Zhitomir.  On his next trip, he started at Heimtal.

2.  Place names like Karolinka and Karolinowka sometimes get confused or written down incorrectly.  There is a Karolinka about 15 km north of Heimtal.

Jerry