[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] How to find passenger lists returning to europe

daryl sofasurferlinux at charter.net
Fri May 15 21:33:50 PDT 2009

In searching for immigrate relative I came across to strange manifests.
On April 19, 1905 Karoline Harke came to the U.S. with 2 children,
Emelie and Emma. On May ?, 1905 Karoline Harke came to the U.S. with 2
children, Friedrick and Emma.

This confused me bacause of the similarities especially when, on both
manifests, they were listed on lines 4, 5 and 6. And on both manifests
they were traveling to the same address.

Turns out that their husbands were brothers. Both brothers were married
to a Karoline. The families were previously living in U.S. and the wives
apparently traveled back to their original homelands of Plock and
Bobrowniki, I assume to show the children to their Grandfathers. After
what I assume was a month or two visit (because they listed there
previous residences as Bobrowniki and Plock) they returned to the U.S.

I found this to be very interesting and a bit of a mystery for a time.
My question is, how do I find the ship list from when they left America
to return to Poland?