[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Service in Russian Army

Leo Gitzel lgitzel at telusplanet.net
Mon May 18 10:07:40 PDT 2009

My Father who was born in Marcelowka (about 10 miles form Vladimir-Volysnky) did two years mandatory service  in the Russian Army. According to his discharge papers, which I have, he was discharged November 1,1910 although he was subject to recall until age 43.  A year later he, my Mother and their only child at that time left for Canada --thank goodness.
My Grandfather and Grandmother Friedrch and Louise (Ginter) Gietzel decided, unfortunately, not to come and I am at a loss as to what happened to them . Can some one give me a clue as to were to start looking ?

Leo Gitzel

Leo Gitzel