[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Germans drafted in Russian army

fenenga at connpoint.net fenenga at connpoint.net
Mon May 18 11:45:58 PDT 2009

	this was a very interesting read, but I wonder if this was the case
for earlier generations? my great grandfather seems to have come from
Russian Poland. I can't prove this, but medical records say he was
born in Russia, and vital records (marriage and son's birth) say he
was born in Poland. his birth was in 1855, and it is said that at
some point after that the family removed to England. I can't prove
that, either. his wife's second husband burned many of the family
papers, and the paper trail most genealogists use is slim at best, so
finding him has been difficult. his name is a common one, both in it's
original spelling and the Anglicised spelling.

	I wonder if the family left for that reason, or if they were
expelled when it was no longer ok for Germans to live there.

	Cornelia