[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] August and Julia Ott

Beth Burke mackzie at earthlink.net
Mon May 25 13:18:41 PDT 2009

I live in Wisconsin and although I have yet to register for the convention,
I have asked for this as my birthday gift.  Wow - three days away from home,
my wonderful husband, 13-year old son, a good dog and a sometimes-good dog!
What more could a wife and mom want during the middle of the summer than to
have a hotel room to herself, miles from home, with a group of genealogy
fanatics?  CAN'T WAIT!

Just a note of thanks to all who have been adding information to the Lublin
parish rolls.  I found loads of information about my grandfather - the one
person that had me up against brick walls for several years.  Found out that
his mother was previously married and had a daughter from that marriage.
His mother's sister, also married and had a son.  The daughter married the
son.  Confused....maybe it would be easier to understand if I said it was
like  my son marrying my sister's daughter.  Luckily, this was from my
grandfather's mother's first marriage, so it doesn't really affect my
gene-pool, so to speak.  It reminds me of a song my son used to live as a
child  -  "I'm My Own Grandpa"!  HA!

Once again, thanks to everyone who has helped make the Lublin records
possible!  They've provided me with a wealth of information!

Beth Burke
Verona, WI
Researching:  Friedrich, Lieske/Liske, Pinkowski, Glor, Dietz, Zellmer, and
a zillion others that I either know or have yet to add to the list