[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Radom church document request

Earl.Schultz Earl.Schultz at telusplanet.net
Sat May 30 18:52:45 PDT 2009

 We discovered in preparing for our trip to Poland last year that the
churches in the Rypin and Sierpc areas, and we assume throughout Poland,
give a copy of their church books to the town office where they are retained
until they are 100 years old.  At that time they are passed to the Polish
Archives.  They (Rypin town offices) were able to tell me the record numbers
of the entries I was looking for but required me to prove that I was
related.  They said that I could order the documents through the Polish
embassy but proof of descent was still required and the cost was quite high
(about $45 CDN).  In Sierpc they were more willing to provide information
without proof of relationship but would not give a formal document without
proof.  Cost in Poland was 21 Zl or about $10 CDN last year and less today.

Earl

Message: 4