[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Radom church document request

Earl.Schultz Earl.Schultz at telusplanet.net
Sun May 31 15:31:46 PDT 2009

There are probably 2 copies of the records and one is with the town.  It can
be more difficult getting the record from the town because of privacy laws
and, as you say, they certify their documents.  In Sierpc they were willing
to give us uncertified documents, i.e. they'd write the info down on a piece
of paper because you cannot use that as a legal document to steal someone's
identity.  In Rypin they would only give us the record #.  My church did not
retain any records more than a few years and I don't know if a copy went to
the church archives, I would think so.

I found out about the town records from the Jewish site
http://www.jewishgen.org/JRI-PL/ .  You can check there to see what records
are in the town offices.

Once they are 100 years old then you have to go to the archives.

Earl