[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ruskolenki-Pechratka-Nowy Borek-Paproc Duza

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sun Nov 8 05:59:03 PST 2009

Geneen,

I can't help with family names but will have a go at some of the
places.  At the moment I am assuming these are from family lore.  If
they come from documents, it may help to know what type of documents they are.

Smolee is probably Smolewo.  There are Smolewo Wies and Smolewo
Parcele about 16 km SE of Paproc Duza.

Szimall may be a different spelling for Smolewo.  There is Szmulowka
on the north side of the Bug River roughly 18 km west of Smolewo but
I am less inclined to think that is correct.

Grzymain is probably Grzymaly about 8 km NNE of Paproc Duza.

I can't find a good match for Grzcinski.  There is
Przezdziecko-Grzymki about 8 km E of Paproc Duza but that guess is a
bit of a stretch for me.

Ostrowski - There are numerous Ostrow and variants throughout Poland
though none with that specific spelling.  If it is in context with
all the other places, my best guess is that it refers to the large
town of Ostrow Mazowiecka which is 18 km SW of Paproc Duze.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca