[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Fasowa Rudniga

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Wed Nov 18 05:01:25 PST 2009

Doncarolea at aol.com schrieb:
> Would anyone know the current name for this village which, I am told, is
> about 40 km north of Zhytomir. My German Lutheran mother was born there in
> 1904.

Hello Don,
the Austrian 1912 map
http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/digkonyv/topo/200e/46-51.jpg shows down right
a *Rudnia Fasowskaja* just northeast of *Fasowa* and a bit west of
Kamienny Brod on the Trostianica stream and nearby lots of other
Rudnias. The settlement is still alive, has approximately the same name
(Рудня-Фасова = Rudnia-Fasova) and the coordinates 50°38'0"N ,
28°38'41"E . You find it at the 1976 1:100.000 Soviet military map,
sheet 100k--m35-058 (Рудня-Фасовая) or in Wikimapia under
http://wikimapia.org/#lat=50.6332263&lon=28.6448979&z=16&l=5&m=b&search=%D0%A0%D1%83%D0%B4%D0%BD%D1%8F-%D0%A4%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0%D1%8F
Google Maps and Wikimapia offer an excellent air view of Rudnia-Fasovaya
with every house, plot and tree.

Günther