[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Family Tree Maker CD for 2008

Gary Warner gary at warnerengineering.com
Thu Nov 19 09:28:16 PST 2009

Nelson,

The best plan is for you to export your data to a gedcom on your old
computer and then import it into whatever program you plan on using on
your new computer.   I would strongly recommend AGAINST using Family
Tree Maker, as it causes us an immense amount of pain and effort to
correct the errors that program creates when we import data into our
SGGEE databases.   My personal favorite is Legacy, but you can also use
PAF, and there may be others that are also acceptable from the
standpoint of not causing errors.

Gary Warner