[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Russian Poland

Richard Stein ra_stein at telus.net
Sun Oct 4 16:23:43 PDT 2009

Cornelia,
Since your great grandfather was probably born in the 1800's, Russian Poland
(also called Congress Poland) included today's central, southern, and
eastern Poland - as far east as the Bug River.  It is a large area with
100's of villages where Germans lived, so you will somehow have to find more
detail about where your great grandfather was born.  Until WW I, Volhynia
(southeast of present Poland) was a separate province of Russia.

If you give more information, such as his name, his wife, parents, children,
time period, then perhaps someone on the list may be able to help.

Dick Stein