[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Polish parishes

Robin Grube robinquilter at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 22:08:23 PDT 2009

 Hello everyone;
When someone like me who is unfamiliar with records from this area gets all
confused, or encounters a brick wall, it is so easy to give up. I almost
have, but then I will read some really useful hints on this site.Thanks for
the recent discussions about villages with shared names,and how some German
village names can appear so differently on Polish maps. The upcoming
gazetteer will be a godsend. I think it will be useful to locate the
villages that appear on the same page as some family records I have found in
the St. Petersburg copies found on-line. Several of you wrote me after my
recent inquiry about the Herrmann name in the area of Kiev. The messages
were basically telling me nicely that I need to develop better research
skills, and I agree. I again want to give thanks for the patience of you
experienced listers with those of us just starting in this confusing part of
the world.
Robin Grube