[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Partitioning of Poland

Jack Milner wjmilner at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 12 07:32:12 PDT 2009

History revisited (condensed version)

Volhynia had been a feudal province with a Polish aristocracy and
Ukrainian serfs, ruled by Poland until the late 18th century, when
Poland was partitioned by the Prussian, Austrian, and Russian empires.
Prussia, Russia, and Austria had already annexed parts of Poland in 1772
and 1793. During the third partition in 1795, Poland's last remaining
territory was occupied by the three partitioning powers, which resulted
in the disappearance of Poland from the European map.

Jack Milner