[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] HARTWIG

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sun Oct 18 17:24:34 PDT 2009

There have been a number of responses with possibilities.  Please remember first of all that we are, according to the question, limiting our options to Volhynia which means that Polish or other European regions should not be considered.

The location given as Emilcin is for that village only and is not an equivalent to Emilien.  There are still several options as Dick Stein pointed out.  In some previous correspondence that Sandy had with Bill Remus, I noted the name of some other ancestors who lived in a village in the Tuchin district near another village called Amelin.  This should also be considered a variant spelling because of the proximity of these villages.

Additional research regarding the ancestors will be necessary to narrow down the correct one.

Jerry Frank