[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Laufer, Reschke

Katrin Hanko katrin at bokser.ee
Tue Oct 20 00:28:28 PDT 2009

Thank you so much for your quick answers, Al and Joe! This is far more than
I ever could expect!

This JewishGen link is very good - thanks again!

Al, I am really excited to get the marriage record of Christian and
Ernestine. It seemed to me as a "dead end" - I thought that I will never
find more information than those records from the church books here at our
Archive.

It seems that there were a couple of other German families which came
approximately at the same time from Poland to Estonia, and to the same
parish in particular (Kosch/Kose parish, Palfer/Palvere manor). They were
working in the woods and in the later records some of them were described as
Buschwächter (is it "game warden" in English?). From the church books I
recall the names like Lucht, Speil, Dondorff - should anybody in this list
be interested, I'd be glad to share this information :)

Katrin