[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] req for help *** Saskgenealogical Society ***

Helen Gillespie hgillespie at rogers.com
Sun Sep 6 11:10:27 PDT 2009

Hi All,

Am not a member of the Sask Genealogy group, but there is a Lidia Lachman listed in the 1911 Census in Provencher, Manitoba with husband Andreas and a number of children.  Perhaps the same family....?

http://www.automatedgenealogy.com/census11/View.jsp?id=66895&highlight=7&desc=1911+Census+of+Canada+page+containing+Lidia+Lachman

In order to see the actual census page - click on the split view at the topp of the page - which will open a new window  - and you can then see more information.

You can also search the BMD database for Manitoba  - search both Lachman and Lachmann

http://vitalstats.gov.mb.ca//Query.php

Transcriptions are not wonderful - spelling can be haphazard with unfamiliar names.

The Saskatchewan Vital statistics website is only births and deaths - and either not very complete - or the transcriptions are very bad.

https://www.isc.ca/VitalStatistics/Genealogy/vsgs_srch.aspx

Am interested also because my great grandmother Auguste Bethke (nee Schulz) married a Lach or Lachman (family legend is not clear) after 1900 when her husband August Bethke died - and then she too died in 1919.  I don't know whether he went to America or Canada - where children from his first marriage went.  They did not have children together.  A loose end I will not likely solve.

Helen