[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] req for help *** Saskgenealogical Society ***

Ken Browne kbrowne at alumni.umass.edu
Sun Sep 6 20:42:09 PDT 2009

Christoph wrote:
> Hello everybody
>

> In one of the online databases of the Saskgenealogical Society I ve found
>
> informations about the burial of Lachman Lydia + 1930 in Rush Lake

I am not a member of this genealogical society but I am peripherally
related to a Lydia Lachmann. My ggf was Samuel G. Lachmann born in 1865
in Rozyszcze, Volhynia. He immigrated and settled in Chicago, IL in Feb
1891. His younger brother, Andreas, was born 1877 in Vincentow, Vohynia
and emigrated 1907 and settled in Canada. His wife was Lydia (Mantei)
Lachmann also born in Vincentow, Volhynia. Their first three children
were born in Europe (Poland) and the rest in Canada. They apparently
attempted to migrate to the U.S.A. but were "debarred" according to an
immigration manifest.
dated 1917.

AFAIK Andreas' and Lydia's family settled in Steinbach, Manitoba, and
one of the younger children married in Calgary, Alberta.

Kenneth Browne researching:
BROWN(E) LEIGHTON TAYLOR CLOUGH/CLUFF
LACHMANN RUSSELL MORSE PETTENGILL
NOBLE SMALL WOLF MROCH LUEDTKE

Don't confuse  fame with success. Madonna is one; Helen Keller is the other.
 Erma Bombeck