[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] missing records

Eduardo Kommers eduardo.kommers at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 17:13:28 PDT 2009

Today I got fantastic news for my research. It was related to Brazilian records but I was thinking if the same thing could be happend with Volhynian records.
This is the case: some time ago I called to a central church here in south Brazil, that supposed to hang all church records from churches located in small villages around. I heard that all records were brought to the central church but were burned because of the wars. And today I knew that some of that small villages still have the records. They never sent them to the central church.

My question is: can be possible that small villages in Volhynia still have the records in their churches? I mean, for example, if small villages around Zhitomir sent the records to Zhitomir or the Pastors let the books in the villages sometimes...?
Did someone already knock this small villages churches door to see books?

Thank you,

Eduardo Kommers