[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Germans Migrating to Volynia

Ronald Roggow rroggow at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 18 07:14:34 PDT 2010

I am curious about Jerry Frank's entry in the Ger-Poland-Volhynia Digest, Vol 83, Issue 10, where he states Catherine the Great's Manifesto had no influence  on the reasons for Germans settling in Volynia.  I had assumed (apparently incorrectly) that her manifesto was the reason for Germans settling in western Russia.

Where can I find historical information on why Germans came to settle in Volynia?