[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Place name called Latki

joepessarra joepessarra at suddenlink.net
Tue Apr 20 15:17:53 PDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: ger-poland-volhynia-bounces at eclipse.sggee.org
[mailto:ger-poland-volhynia-bounces at eclipse.sggee.org] On Behalf Of Dan Buss
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 3:45 PM
To: SGGEE
Subject: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Place name called Latki

Can anyone tell me where Latki is located.  Found this on the Hamburg
emigration record for my mother, Albertine Wildemann, and should be
somewhere near Zhitomir.  I've checked Jerry Frank's maps on the SGGEE but
not there.  This is the first bit of information I've found in many years
regarding mother's birthplace, or residence before coming to Canada, thanks
to Robin Grube who answered my earlier query re: difference between Hamburg
and Halifax ship's records.
Dan Buss

Using ShtetlSeeker again and looking for similarly spelled towns near
Zhitomir, in the Ukraine, we find the following:

Ladygi populated place 49°45' N 27°28' E  E M U G Ukraine  63.5 miles WSW of
50°15' N 28°40' E

Latach populated place 48°50' N 25°29' E  E M U G Ukraine  172.9 miles WSW
of 50°15' N 28°40' E

Lëtki populated place 50°42' N 30°45' E  E M U G Ukraine  96.7 miles ENE of
50°15' N 28°40' E

Litki populated place 49°16' N 27°22' E  E M U G Ukraine  89.3 miles SW of
50°15' N 28°40' E

Litki populated place 51°03' N 28°25' E  E M U G Ukraine  56.3 miles N of
50°15' N 28°40' E

Lyutka populated place 51°34' N 24°20' E  E M U G Ukraine  209.4 miles WNW
of 50°15' N 28°40' E

Number of matches = 6

Good luck on your search.

Joe in Texas