[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] German Migration to Volhynia

Lloyd Friedrick lloydfriedrick at telus.net
Wed Apr 21 20:16:17 PDT 2010

This latest discussion of the German Migration to Volhynia has been very informative to me. I enjoy it.

There is another line of myths that have been mentioned at various times,   I would appreciate commentary.

This is the story that many of these new immigrants had been promised that they could retain their culture and religious affiliation.
Also, that they were not subject to serve in the Russian military.

I suspect that these promises were not an official policy but misconceptions handed down to us by our forbearers as hearsay.

I await

lloyd friedrick on Vancouver Island