[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] German migration to Poland?

Karl Krueger dabookk54 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 22 18:39:53 PDT 2010

Beth,
Lublin refers to the major city of the province Lubelskie in eastern Poland. The way your family talked about it would be like anyone in eastern Massachusetts would refer to Boston as their reference point. You only have to look at a map of Poland to see it. Chelm is also on most maps. Our members site and even our Lublin Project site provides more detailed maps made by Jerry Frank showing more detail of this area.
Karl