[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] German migration to Poland?

PnSWork at aol.com PnSWork at aol.com
Thu Apr 22 18:56:28 PDT 2010

Sorry, my cat jumped on the keyboard while I was done typing, and one  of
the consequences is that the email was sent out long before I got done
typing.  Here's the rest of the story ... :-)

Prussia renamed the areas it acquired through the Polish Partitions. South
Prussia and New East Prussia were the names give to two sections of land
annexed  in the Third Partition of Poland (1795).  Almost all of these areas
were  lost in 1806 (and remained lost after 1815), so the names quickly faded
 from most people's memories, and documents no longer referred to them
either.

The Prussian Emigration Program was certainly responsible for the many
colonies that were founded in both South Prussia and New East Prussia during
this time period.

    -Paul

In a message dated 4/22/2010 5:15:11 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,