[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] German migration to Poland? (Lublin Region)

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 22 19:47:59 PDT 2010

Lublin was a Gubernia within Russia just as was Volhynia.  Volhynia Gubernia was directly under Russian control.  Lublin was part of Russian Poland which, although controlled in large measure by Russia, had certain special privileges regarding some measures of self-government, language, etc.  Both existed as such after the Partitions through until WW I.

Jerry