[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Walka/Walki/Wolka/Wulka

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sun Dec 26 09:35:11 PST 2010

In addition to the suggestion from Andreas, you could consider Duchow located in Russian Poland and about 31 km E of Warsaw.  You can use http://www.jewishgen.org/Communities/LocTown.asp to find it.  Records for this region are very difficult to find.

Wulka / Wolka etc. would be a difficult place to track down.  It could, as you already know, be in either Poland or Volhynia.  If in Volhynia, it appears you will not be able to find the record.  All known records for that 1860 time frame have been extracted and your name is not among them.

If in Poland, you would have to be able to narrow down the region or parish in order to find the record.

Jerry