[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Strand(t) family, Mecklenburg to Eastern Prussia (J.Pessarra)

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Tue Feb 2 01:56:39 PST 2010

FoxeGenie at aol.com schrieb:
> Joe - I like the way you are able to help others with the German telephone
> directory and hope you could give me some assistance too.
>
> I have been researching my Strand(t) family that were found in Eastern
> Prussia in the Paproc Duza Records for my gg-grandparents. My GG-Grandfather
> Theodore Strandt being born 1831. Many families that settled there came from
> the  Mecklenburg area and I see many Strand(t)s in the Pomerania (Pommern)
> area but  no real contacts.
>
> I would like to see if there are any telephone listings for Strand(t)
> families that I could contact in the Pomerania area.

Hello Geneen,
just to clarify the regional frame:
after 1945, the former Prussian and German province of Mecklenburg and
the remaining western part of Pommern have been united to the new
province of Mecklenburg in 1947 and again to the federal state of
Mecklenburg-Vorpommern in 1990. So I suppose you are just searching the
western districts of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern (the former grand duchy of
Mecklenburg consisting of the duchies of Mecklenburg-Schwerin and
Mecklenburg-Strelitz). The districts of Nordvorpommern (5 events),
Demmin (3 events) and Uecker-Randow (4 events) as well as the city of
Neubrandenburg may be of less interest - though some of the ancestors
might haved migrated within the Prussian provinces.

Mecklenburg:

    STRANDT Meiklyn
    Am Weinberg 27
    19386 Lübz