[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] SS DRESDEN Ship/Immigrant Passenger List and Ship Crew List AUGUST RIMPEL

Edith McKelvy edies_hook at msn.com
Fri Feb 5 13:42:42 PST 2010

Thanks to all who responded to my query.  I was able to access actual images
for the Baltimore Passenger List for SS Dresden arriving 28 Jul 1891
Bremen>Baltimore at my local library (Ancestry Library.com).

Found (probable) AUGUST REMPEL listed as "Any Renepel" and his friend ADOLF
GUENTHER listed as "Adolf Ginter".  This coincides with info shown at Castle
Garden below.  (My sincere sympathy and appreciation for all transcribers --
take a look at the original image they had to work with!).

This info seems to validate info found on "List or Manifest of Alien
Immigrants" dtd 7 May 1896 where AUGUST RIMPEL indicates that he had
previously been in U.S. for three years and planned to meet "friend Adolf
Guenther in Madison SD".

Speculate that August traveled to U.S. to earn some money, leaving
wife/children behind, then returned to "old country" to assemble his family
and his younger brother's family for immigration to U.S. in 1896 -- a common
thread in immigrant stories.

Edith Rimple McKelvy
Silverdale WA