[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] searching for a certain name

Reiner Kerp mail at reiner-kerp.de
Mon Feb 15 14:15:32 PST 2010

Dear fellow searchers,
dear Lois Klarenbach,

> I have been searching for [...]

deciphering marriage-records from Sompolno, I found one
name written in three different version in just one record.
In one case I found 5 versions in a sequence of 3 records,
when whitnesses acted as this for more than just one time.
To cover this, I added "weitere Namen" to my file, pointing
to that the spelling of names is floating.

Sticking to ONE version leads to nowhere - or to a brickwall.

Searching for PACHAL, you MUST also search for PACHOL and
his son PACHOLKE/PACHALKE. Have a look at the alternate
surname list:

http://www.sggee.org/research/AlternateSurnamesDatabase.pdf

and get surprised.

Best regards from Landsberg am Lech, Bavaria,

Reiner (Kerp)

mailto:mail at reiner-kerp.de

im web: http://reiner-kerp.de