[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] passenger list of Germans from Russia

Helen Gillespie hgillespie at rogers.com
Fri Feb 19 15:17:47 PST 2010

You're lucky you found your family members, because in scanning through the list of names and places I have noted a number of typographical errors, so I would suggest people check carefully to see if there is some possibility that the name or place has been transcribed in error.  I realize the writing on the manifest is probably poor and spelling of names by officials haphazard at best, but even the same names were spelled differently on the same lines.
ie: Edmmman and Ehmman on the same line - which may quite well be Erdmann. (not my family either!) Alt Lubomir and Lubomir - which may be Lubomirka - not far from Solomka and Rowno.

It's a wonderful resource though.  I wish I could find my relatives!  They too went to Benton Harbor.

Helen