[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] russian germans Schneider

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 24 06:01:09 PST 2010

I somehow missed this query the first time it was sent.

There was an Alexanderdorf in Volhynia, also known as Granidub.  It was
located about 12 km south of Baraschow or about 20 km NE of the city of
Nowograd Wolhynski.

However, you inquiry is generic in that you don't stipulate a region in
Russia.  According to
http://www.odessa3.org/collections/refs/link/villhelp.txt there were
other Alexanderdorf in other parts of Russia.

If you know that the family was from Volhynia, then you can be sure this
is the correct location.

Jerry Frank
Calgary, AB