[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Place Name Urichwost

gpvjem gpvjem at sasktel.net
Thu Jan 7 08:29:49 PST 2010

    Request assistance in determining the location and fate of a place in Volhynia called Urichwost.  I have checked out the usual sources such as Stetl Seeker etc. with no results.  Was there a possible name change?
    Apparently it was located in Luck powiat (county) but I don't know what township or tax district.  Urichwost was the birth place of a distant relative which is recorded on LDS film 1,884,124  Registration #142 and it was also noted with the same spelling in a very comprehensive Volhynian place name list compiled by Leona Janke of AHSGR in 1998.  She was not able to provide further information other than it was in Luck county.

Thank you,
John Marsch