[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Place Name Urichwost

gpvjem gpvjem at sasktel.net
Thu Jan 7 11:35:55 PST 2010

Jerry:
    The date of birth of Christina Janke is recorded as 14 Nov 1863.   The "Route of the Pastor" check provided nothing new.

Leona Janke's sources included:
Gazetteer: Tadeusz Bystrzycki's Reference to Places in the Polish Republic (Years 1933-34).
Maps of Volhynia
Library of Congress Maps: Poland:  G6520s, 100.P6 and G7010s, 100.P6
St Peterburg Volhynian records.

     It is entirely possible that Leona Janke picked up the place name Urichwost from the St Petersburg Volhynian records just as I did, and that it may not be a legitimate spelling.   On the other hand, why would she say it was in Luck county because it doesn't say that on the St Petersburg records?

John