[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Schmidt location?

pnswork at aol.com pnswork at aol.com
Thu Jan 21 23:30:27 PST 2010

Hi Dave,

    Try to find out where the husband (Michael Strefling)  was born.  Very
likely, it was the same area as Dorothea.  I have a  few Schmidts in my
family tree in Poland, but none of them match up with your  Dorothea.  If you
can find a marriage record for Michael (second marriage  after Dorothea passed
away), that might give his birthplace.  Men didn't  tend to stay widowers
very long in those days.  They needed someone to look  after all the children
and run the house.

Good luck!

    -Paul

In a message dated 1/21/2010 6:58:08 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,