[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Looking for Records near Kiev

Jim Stange jjstange at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 11:45:17 PST 2010

Hello - I am hoping to locate a birth record in the Ukraine.  This relative
later moved to Wloclawek and his daughter's birth record gives the following
clues to his birth place:

*...Prokop Ilin* (son of Ilin?) *Niepoczatenko, 37* (he would have been born
about 1875)* years, soldier Regiment of Wloclawek, originate from farmers of
Gouvernement Kiev, County Human, Commune Podwysokie, Village Podwysokie....*
**
I am not at all familiar with research in Ukrainian Orthodox records and do
not know where to begin. I think the county may be Uman in Ukraine and Human
in Polish... Any help is very much appreciated!