[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Location of "Schmidt"

Gary Warner gary at warnerengineering.com
Mon Jan 25 19:09:17 PST 2010

Dave,

As I look at your data in the MPD, it appears that your success hinges
on finding where the son of Michael (who was Karl or Charlie) was
born.   Since Charlie died in the USA, you should be able to find a
petition for naturalization, assuming that he became a US citizen.
That petition will show where he was born.

Do you know if Charlie had any siblings?   If you are going to find the
correct family, it will help immensely if you can find other children of
your Michael and Dorothea.

Have you tried looking for any area histories where Charlie settled in
Wisconsin?

Gary Warner