[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Josefin + Heinrichsgeorge

joepessarra joepessarra at suddenlink.net
Sun Jan 31 14:16:24 PST 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: ger-poland-volhynia-bounces at eclipse.sggee.org
[mailto:ger-poland-volhynia-bounces at eclipse.sggee.org] On Behalf Of Susan
and Joe Cadena
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2010 3:05 PM
To: ger-poland-volhynia at eclipse.sggee.org
Subject: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Josefin + Heinrichsgeorge

Hello all,

A possible relation has written me that her grandfather was born in 1895 in
Josefin Heinrichsgeorge. I know there were a number of villages named
Josefin, but Heinrichsgeorge is  a new location to me. Can anyone enlighten
me?

Thank you -

Susan Cadena

Using ShetlSeeker at http://www.jewishgen.org/Communities/LocTown.asp we
find at least one possibility:

Heinrichshütte, Althammer Goschütz, Kuźnia Goszczańska populated place
51°24' N 17°28' E  E M U G Poland  161.8 miles WSW of Warszawa 52°15' N
21°0' E

Closest Josefina, allowing for misspelling:

Józefina populated place 51°49' N 18°17' E  E M U G Poland  45.3 miles NE of
51°24' N 17°28' E

But, looking for towns in Poland beginning with "Heinrichs", we found 7 of
them.  Using the coordinates for each of them in order, we looked for
Josefin and found the closest possibility for each of them.

Possible towns, allowing for misspelling of town names, we found:

Chosczewen, Choszczewo, Choszewen, Hohensee populated place 53°53' N 21°05'
E  E M U G Poland  6.4 miles WNW of 53°50' N 21°13' E

This town is only 6.4 miles away from:

Heinrichsdorf, Janowen, Janowo populated place 53°50' N 21°13' E  E M U G
Poland  109.7 miles N of Warszawa 52°15' N 21°0' E

Someone else may be able to give you better directions for your search.
Good luck,

Joe in Texas