[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Browsing St. Petersburg films onFamilySearch Record Search

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 1 16:35:17 PDT 2010

Anyone know who contributed the info at:

https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Russia_Church_Records

Nice to see their acknowledgment of SGGEE but is in error as the 1869 limit generally applies to records from Poland, not Russia.  Also, the extraction being used covers only the St. Pete church books in present day Ukraine of which SGGEE only has done Volhynia, Kiev, and Podolia.  Not sure whose extractions they are relying on in the end as the birth records list Christening dates, not birth dates.  All the extractions done by us and others at GRHS show birth dates.

The whole system seems to be very much in test mode.  I found extractions of my Hemminger ancestors covering a large time frame but they are far from complete and none are yet linking to the original images.  It doesn't pull up any of my Kreutz or Gartz ancestors and no Franks at all from Volhynia.

Jerry