[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Military ranks .. pre 1917

gpvjem gpvjem at sasktel.net
Wed Jul 14 06:52:34 PDT 2010

    My Grandfather was a commissioned officer in the Russian army from 1878 to 1883 as a Supply Officer/ Paymaster.  I never did learn what the title of his rank would have been.  He was well educated and spoke four languages which likely was the reason for his commission in the polyglot Russian army.

John Marsch

  Hello

  Several of my Grenke ancestors served in the Czar'a army . Is there a way that i could determine what their rank was.
  I some how think that ethnis Germans would be given a commissioned officers rank . Also , would it be possible to determine what corps they were in ie , infantry , artillery or service type of corps

  Any thoughts would be appreciated

  Elmer Grenke