[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Fw: Village of Damerhorst

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sat Jul 17 08:01:12 PDT 2010

Margaret,

Is this Freyenstein still associated with Pommern / Pomerania?  Using Shtetlseeker, I found a Freyenstein in Germany, about 69 mi. northwest of Berlin.  However, this would not have been in Pomerania.  I did also search for Damerhorst in case they were close to each other but came up blank with that.

I can't explain why the husband would be entered on the list separately from the rest of the family unless it is just a fluke that somebody else with the same name was traveling on the same ship without there being a relationship.  That would certainly also explain the different locations of origin.

Jerry